In a significant enforcement action, WorkSafeBC has imposed a hefty fine of $29,453.95 on Carl Chandler Contracting/Celtic Construction, highlighting the critical importance of workplace safety in the ...
Labour Minister Harry Bains said the surplus in BC’s fund for injured workers keeps premiums low for employers and has improved benefits for workers. Photo via BC government. B.C.’s workers’ ...
Ian Tostenson, CEO of the British Columbia Restaurant and Foodservices Association, says WorksafeBC is acting like a bullyChung Chow, BIV The British Columbia Restaurant and Foodservices Association ...
A national business advocacy group is calling for WorkSafeBC to give some of its $2 billion surplus back to employers struggling with rising costs and falling consumer demand. The Canadian Federation ...
A Surrey construction firm was hit with a sizable fine after one of its workers passed out due to carbon monoxide exposure.
WorkSafeBC will return an estimated $570 million in surplus funds to employers in 2026 by deliberately setting average premium rates below the actual cost of running British Columbia’s workers’ ...
Labour Minister Jennifer Whiteside says she will meet with WorkSafeBC to get answers about a damning report on compensation claims suppression. Photo via BC government. Despite being illegal, British ...
WorkSafeBC says it has handed out its highest administrative penalty ever, issuing a fine of $710,488.79 for asbestos violations at a work site in Kimberley, B.C. The agency says it inspected a ...
Add Yahoo as a preferred source to see more of our stories on Google. Stewart, B.C., as seen from the road to the border with Hyder, Alaska. WorkSafeBC and the B.C. Coroners Service are investigating ...
The single largest penalty ever has been handed to a Toronto-based company that had been hired to provide demolition services, WorkSafeBC officials announced Friday. GFL Environmental Inc. must pay a ...
B.C.’s Workers’ Compensation Board has a conundrum most would envy: what do you do with $2.7 billion? For now, the province’s Ministry of Labour says: Nothing. Over the past 10 years, WorkSafeBC has ...
Some results have been hidden because they may be inaccessible to you
Show inaccessible results